Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Taking a stab at sgraffito

I have two pieces of pottery that I made using the sgraffito techniques.   This is definately a technique that speaks to me.  Both have issues when firing.  Warping of the one with the tiny sgraffito lines.  Arggh.  I can't express how frustrated I get with warping of this white clay.   I purposely took these pictures so you hopefully can't tell it warped. It's supposed to dip to the center from left to right....it's warping front to back that I didn't like. 




The other piece in green and black has a tiny defect in it.  A hair had gotten caught in the slip when I applied it.  I know, that sounds kinda gross, doesn't it.  Hey, people shed.  I pulled it out and brushed over it.  I thought you couldn't see it, but you hold it just right in the light you can see it...darn, darn.  I thought I may be able to sell this plate.  Oh well.....

No comments: