Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm on etsy

Success!  I made a shop banner for my etsy site (thanks to a great, easy online video tutorial) and listed 7 items for sale.  My shop name is Mudpots.  Cute, huh?  Funny thing is that I picked that etsy username about 6 years ago after a trip to Yellowstone wherewe were all fascinated by the bubbling, boiling mudpots we saw there.  Now, here I am trying to make pottery....Now that's foreshadowing.  I only listed one piece of pottery.  I will only try to sell ones that I would want to own myself and since I have put most of my pieces on a shelf in the storeroom, that doesn't leave me much.  So, I am still working on my pottery development.

On the sewing homefront I put 6 items up for sale...4 quilts, the diaper changing pad and the Halloween table runner. 

Even without a sale, I feel like a success!  I can't describe how scary it was to set up a shop.  It was a a bit of work too...writing the descriptions, taking (and retaking) pictures, making the banner, researching prices and so on.  Only thing I am still unsure about is packaging.  I will have to play around with a few ideas.

So, check out Mudpots on Etsy!

No comments: